Whether you’re just starting out or you’ve been in business for years, one thing is certain: the small business lawyer you choose will be one of the most important business decisions you’ll ever make.
The Carlson Law Group brings over 50 years of collective experience, knowledge, and just plain common sense when it comes to advising clients on everything from business formation to business litigation.
Our areas of representation include:
- Non-competition agreement disputes
- Breach of contract litigation
- Business dissolution and disputes
- Defending business managers, directors and officers
- Unfair competition and deceptive business practices
- Business fraud litigation
- Insurance litigation
- IRS investigations
- Non-competition agreements
- Business Start-Ups, Purchases and Sales
- Start-up business counsel and formation
- Tax Strategies
- Buying and selling a business
- Employee compensation
- Corporation and LLC formation
- Corporate Counsel
- Business contracts
- Trademarks and intellectual property
- Small business counsel
- Technology law
- Technology and product licensing and distribution
Starting a New Business?
One of the many challenges facing a new business is selecting the right business structure. In making this vital decision one should take into account the need for efficient organization, limited liability, tax consequences, and the importance of partners agreeing on their rights and obligations in writing. Business owners have the choice between a “C” or “S” corporation, limited liability company (LLC), partnership, and a sole proprietorship. It is very important that you understand the legal and tax ramifications of your decision as you begin your new business.
The Carlson Law Group will work with you to identify and implement the best structure, and to craft written agreements that protect your interests in balance with the needs and demands of the other parties. If you have a business dispute, you can rely on our 50+ years of business litigation experience.